Postbiotics are much less widely known than both prebiotics and probiotics, but recent research suggest that they have an equally important role, if not more important, in maintaining and improving our health.
Postbiotics are byproducts of the fermentation process carried out by probiotics in the intestine. They are made when healthy bacteria in the gut ferment fiber. In other words, as probiotics feed on prebiotics, postbiotics are produced. Even though they are considered the “WASTE PRODUCTS” of probiotic bacteria they offer various health benefits.
Some examples of postbiotics include;
- May help boost immune system by stimulating the production of regulary T cells.
- Increase the production of anti-inflammatory chemical messengers called cytokines that help reduce inflammation and promote immune responses.
- May help to strengthen the immune system and protect against infections like the common cold.
- May lower risk of respiratory infection and improve the ability to produce antibodies that help defend the body against harmful bacteria and toxins.
- May help improve symptoms for people with mild to moderate ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease.
- Role in activating the immune cells that help reduce inflammation.
- May help prevent and treat diarrhea.
- May help with allergies.
- May help aid in weight loss.
- May help lower the risk of heart disease.
- May help manage blood sugar levels.
- May have anti-tumor properties
- May be better tolerated than probiotics
As you can see Postbiotics have been linked to various health benefits!
We are BiomTM Pharmaceuticals, a science-backed company pioneering in microbiome research. BiomTM design Precision Probiotics using patented Biomsify® Technology that play key roles in human health and disease including immune regulation, cardiometabolic health, neurodegeneration and cancer prevention. We believe everyone deserves a healthy balanced microbiome and we strive to develop microbiome-based products for a safer, healthier and longer life for all.